Here are steps to recover Firefox passwords from Time Machine backup on Mac.
- Open Time Machine and navigate to the backup data from which you want to retrieve the Firefox passwords
- Make sure hidden files and folders option is enabled on your Mac.
- Navigate to Users -> <UserName> -> Library
- Under Library navigate to Application Support followed Firefox folder.
- Under Firefox navigate to Profiles and open the folder ending with default-release.
- Copy key4.db and logins.json.
- Copy the above two files to Profiles folder under Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/…default-release/Profiles. Before copying make sure to take a backup of existing key4.db and logins.json files.
Now all your saved usernames and passwords for Firefox will be available on your Mac.