The objective is to develop a simple app that splits expenses among group of people. I will be using Flutter for development and planning to make this app available in both Apple and Google Play Store. I don’t have prior knowledge in Flutter but have developed few iOS/Swift apps. During the development process I will be using various resources and will share those links here. I will be using Microsoft Visual Studio Code as the development IDE.
Here are the steps that will be followed
- Defining the scope of the App.
- Coming up with screen mockup
- UI Screen changes.
- Integrating with firebase.
- Testing all the changes.
- Adding images assets such as App icon and other icons.
- Publishing the app in App Store and Play Store.
- Add members and form a group to split expenses.
- Member can be deleted from a group.
- Member name can be updated.
- Expenses can be added/updated/deleted for each member.
- Display summary screen with total expenses. expense per head, amount owed or to be received by the members.
Here are the mockups for the screen. These mockup have been done using Balsamiq.
Home Screen – This is the home screen with two tabs, Users tab show list of users who are part of sharing expenses group and provides option to add anyone to the expense group.
Summary tab – This shows the total spent by the group, per head expense and money owed by each other.
New users can be added by tapping the + sign at the top of the screen.
List Expenses – You can navigate to the list of expenses made by tapping a user.
Add Expense – You can add Expense for an user by tapping the + sign in List Expense screen.