This tutorial explains the steps required to insert or delete empty pages in Word 2016, 2013 and 2010.
Adding new page to Word document
There are different ways of inserting new page in Word document such as
- Using the Blank Page option available as part of Insert menu.
- Using the Page Break option available as part of Insert menu.
- Simply press Enter on the Keyboard at the end of page.
Insert Blank Page
Navigate to Insert menu and click the Black Page option under Pages section.
When you want quickly insert multiple blank pages then you can use this option.
Insert Page Break
If you want to create a new page with the existing content then click the Page Break option under the Pages section.
The most easiest way to add new page is by pressing the Enter key on the Keyboard at the bottom of an existing page.
Users can remove an empty or blank pages in Word document by
- Pressing the Backspace key on the Keyboard from the end of the page that needs to be removed.
- Pressing the Delete key on the Keyboard from the end of the page after which the pages needs to be removed.
- Use the Show paragraph marker then press the Delete key on the Keyboard
Mughees luqman says
Thank you so easy when you know how.
How do I add a page with the design that I’m using for the first page?
Thank you for bringing the obvious to light. When I’m engrossed in a doc and I don’t want to expend time/energy in looking for a solution, it’s great to be able
to rely on the internet and people like yourself who recognize the need to provide quick and simple solutions.
black chip says
Thank you very much, hustled very much to get it done….
Thanks. page break option i used to remove page. it work….
Is there a way to insert multiple pages in one go? I have a large document into which I need to insert 24 new pages about 2/3rds of the way through. Do I have to click NewPage, New Page, New Page, New Page etc, etc… 24 times???
Thanks for any help.
Ravi Shankar says
Probably you can create VBA script to do this job for you.
This is not working if special formatting was used on previous pages!! I am editing tri-fold flyer document and I need all my columns stay on the first two pages and I need to remove page #3 – once removed, first two pages totally lose formatting.